The only thing that comes to mind when we hear the word cannabis is the act of smoking it. Irrespective of whether it’s being used for medical or recreational purposes, many people believe that the only way of consuming cannabis is smoking it.
But that’s not true at all! Thanks to the popularity and widely increasing acceptance of cannabis-based wellness, we can now consume cannabis in more than one ways!
In a previous article, we learned about the 3 top alternatives to smoking cannabis in India. One of these is to use cannabis oil directly. However, as patient feedback suggests, direct consumption of cannabis oils can leave an oily, pungent essence in the mouth.
There has to be an easy way to consume cannabis oil, right. There is. In fact, there are more than one easy ways to do so. In this article, we take a look at 10 simple ways in which we can add cannabis oil to our lives.
Why use Cannabis as Oil?
Cannabis oil provides a simple and convenient way of consuming cannabis, especially for medicinal purposes. Oils come in a glass bottle with a built-in dropper, making it easy to administer the individual dosages.
With oil, users have the freedom to increase or decrease their dosage as required by their body.
When we consume cannabis oil directly, it can leave a strong, oily aftertaste in our mouth. This is not something that pleases all of us. Moreover, the strong aroma of the oil can also be off-putting for some.
10 Ways to take Cannabis Oil in India
A very simple way of beating the strong, pungent aroma and aftertaste of cannabis oil is by mixing it with our favourite food and drink items. The ingredients in the latter can significantly mask its taste and smell.
Here is a list of 10 delicious food and drink items that you can enjoy with cannabis oil:
- A spoon full of peanut butter. Peanut butter is tasty snack that makes for the ideal bread spread for some people. Adding cannabis oil to our daily serving of peanut butter helps us access health with a taste of deliciousness.
- Strong herbal teas. Mint, honey, ginger lemon, etc. are some common herbal teas with a strong aroma. These are therefore perfect for masking the unpleasant taste and smell of cannabis oil.
- Dark chocolate. It takes time to find your taste for dark chocolates. But once you do, adding cannabis oil to them will enhance the experience manifold. Desserts taste insanely delicious when paired with cannabis oil.
- Dried fruit bowl. Use the oil as an additional dressing for your dried fruit bowl. The crunch and sweetness of dry fruits smoothly complements the taste of cannabis oil.
- Fruit smoothie. The natural sweetness of fruits and the freshness of milk can hide the unpleasant aroma of cannabis oil significantly.
- Fresh fruit juices with strong flavours. Apple, carrot, and orange are some common fruits whose juices have a strong, sweet flavour. These can easily mask the pungent taste of the oil.
- Add cannabis oil to your bowl of soup. Strong, flavourful soaps are also a good snack to which you can add cannabis oil.
- Fresh sliced or diced fruits like mango, pineapple, or mandarins.
- Bread and Jam. You can mix the oil to a jam of your choice. Use this as a bread spread.
- Crackers with peanut butter and banana slices. Spread the oil on the crackers. Layer with peanut butter and add banana slices on top.
Give these a try and let us know what you think on Instagram!